Friday, May 24, 2013

Did you know this about Google?

I consider myself pretty tech savvy and I consider myself a pretty good researcher but sometimes a site I use often makes a change and it makes it hard to go back to somewhere I was prior. The Indiana DOE site went through a lot of changes over the years and often I came across a document I needed and couldn't find it again because the bookmark had changed.  Google has a fix for that.

If one wants to find something from a specific site, typing the information in the query box along with a specifications formula will bring back the documents from that specific site that one was looking for.  Here is an example: hoosier reader site:  http://www.doe.in.gov  click go and your results should be specific.



I am thinking this has the potential of being a good 10 minute staff pd on a tech Tuesday.  A lot of colleagues would save time doing their searches that way.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments will not appear immediately. All content is monitored prior to submission.